Physical Therapy addresses illnesses or injuries that limit a person’s abilities to move and perform functional activities in their daily lives through evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of their impairments. There are a variety of reasons that individuals require physical therapy services which include rehabilitation for orthopedic injuries, post-surgical, cardiopulmonary, neurological, and vestibular.
Physical Therapy emphasis is on the following:
- Contracture management
- Fall prevention strategies/education
- Gait training with an assessment of appropriate assistive devices, level/unlevel surfaces, stair training to assist in returning safely to the community
- Manual therapy
- Modalities: heat/cold packs, electrical stimulation, ultrasound, diathermy to assist with pain, neuromuscular re-education, and strengthening
- Neuromuscular re-education to promote balance
- Patient and family education
- Range of Motion re-training
- Therapeutic activities including bed mobility and transfer training utilizing proper body mechanics
- Therapeutic exercises to promote increased strength/endurance of the core and lower extremity musculature.
- Vestibular assessment
Cascadia of Boise also offers Ventilator and Trach care